Funds still on hold, and unable to add tracking number

CAH1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've received funds following an eBay sale, that are on hold (due to not using my PayPal account for some time). I've sent the item, and it's been received by the buyer. However, whenever I try to add tracking details the system tells me that it's unable to do this as a tracking number has already been provided for this payment. Therefore, the payment is still giving me the option to 'Add tracking information'. I'm concerned, as if this isn't functioning then I cannot withdraw the funds. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

C

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CAH1

If you used Ebay / Paypal postage then tracking is normally added for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CAH1
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, this is the issue. The tracking number is showing as assigned to the item in MyeBay, but on PayPal there's still the option to add a tracking number. The item has been delivered, so should the funds be available three days after this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CAH1

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.