Fear of being scammed

yungrstlss
Contributor
Contributor

So i had a few iPhone 6 to sell, I know I recieved a few emails from fake paypal email, but eventually i recieved some real buyers (or so what i thought at the time) now after seeing funds in my paypal pending transaction I was preparing to send them off through the post office, but after doing some research I know that these are scam buyers as they are all based in Nigeria and will claim that they did not recieve the item and keep my item and also get they're money refunded. 

I went through the paypal resoloution centre but there wasnt really a category that fit this so I just put it in unatharised transaction and as 'other' however I recieved a really simple e mail back as though they didn't even read what I wrote.

Now I' m worried as I'd really like to sell these but i know I willl be scammed, is there a way that I can list them with tracked and email paypal these to stop them retracting their payment to me? Or can I really not do anything but not send them the item and just let them take their money back?

Help please??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi yungrstiss

Why send them if u know u are going to be scammed

Please do not send these phones to Nigeria

The payments are still pending so u havent actually been paid yet until the payment is completed and I doubt they will

U only open an unathorised transaction if a payment has been taken out of your account without your knowledge thats why it was closed

U cant stop someone retracting a payment if their acc has been hijacked to pay for the phones

DONT SEND THEM

Login to Me Too

bogeyman_1815
Contributor
Contributor
If you know your going to get scammed then why do you ask, if you recieve payment from email that says pending it's a fake, if you want to make sure you have payment open a browser and log into paypal and check if they paid, NEVER open a link from the email as it may lead to another website. Its better to wait and send to the country your in, than send abroad and loose out on money. And don't send.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.