Buyer asking for refund as parcel has not arrived query!

dhruvstar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have sold an item via paypal invoice and i shipped it out on the 12th of december, the parcel is now been stuck at heathrow for around 10 business days and the buyer has messaged me asking where the parcel is and why has it not arrived. He threatened to open a case as he said hes won cases like this before and the product is valued at 400 pounds. After speaking to royal mail about the parcel location they said they have no extra information and that on the 17th of January i can open up a claim for lost parcel and they will try to locate it. This has happened to me before and once located they continue to send to the buyer, however paypal said after the lost period i would have to refund the buyer. What happens if i refund the buyer before it arrives and the parcel still arrives at the buyers address? Really confused!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dhruvstar

Not a lot you can do really but i would not refund until you actually have to if the item is on the way.

Let the buyer open a dispute then they will have to wait to escalate it to a claim and then you get another 10 days before the claim closes.

Make sure you have added the tracking number.

If you have to refund and the item does arrive at the buyers then contact them to re-pay you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.