sold item, buyer disputing

millie4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys, hope you can help please

My son has sold a gaming computer for £200, overall worth £500, all in excellent working condition, including sending a video of the computer

working and demonstrating how it works.  The money has been paid into my account, however, the buyer has come back to me saying

it is not working.  The item was well packaged and insured marked fragile..  The buyer watched the video, informing them the No Return

statement, to which they agreed.  They are asking for a refund, where do I stand with this,  guidance most appreciated, as both of us are

new to this kind of selling, many thanks

Millie

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ShelleyD
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi millie4

Welcome to the Community!

If the buyer has already opened a claim, he may be asked to return the item to you, they would have to incur the return shipping costs and would not receive a refund until we confirm you have the item back.

Although you sent it in working order, potentially it might of been damaged in transit? If that is the case and you have kept your proof of postage, you could pursue a claim with the shipper.  

Although you state no return in your listing, if a buyer has an issue they can open a claim for either non receipt or not as described. Both buyer's and seller's are covered by PayPal's protection policies.

Hope this was helpful

-ShelleyD

Login to Me Too

LoganZen
Contributor
Contributor
Do you have proof of it working and did you take note of the serials because some people try to send back there own broken.item instead of the working one you sent. Get him to send.proof of the serial on video and it not working try to find proof of it being damaged etc. You will be forced to give refund and accept a return as paypal and ebay are always on.buyers side. Make a claim through postal service to get money from.sale! I just had to refund a download code because some idiot allowed there login details to be given through and email link and there account taken over. I had to refund someone.else stupid mistakes! Ebay and Paypal.are ALWAYS on buyers side nothing us sellers can do about it.
Login to Me Too

millie4
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your reply, most helpful, I believe we still have proof of video working not sure about 

serials, but will check, sorry to hear about your issues.

millie

Login to Me Too

LoganZen
Contributor
Contributor

I would also double check with courier on how you make a claim?! Just to keep all bases checked dont wait until you are forced to accept the return which will happen eventually...

Login to Me Too

millie4
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.