no refunds no delivery

Lauram1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! I have been having continued trouble with a company who have both failed to deliver one of my orders and failed to issue a refund I am due. They have told me on 4 occasions they have sent my refund through which has never materialised. They are now saying that in order to receive my refund, I have to close my PayPal claim as their system won't allow it to go through whilst the claim is open. Is this true? Many thanks.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauram1

f you had to close a dispute to get a refund then there would no point in having the dispute process at all.

The seller is trying to scam you, if you close the dispute then he can ignore you and not give you that refund AND you can't open a second dispute for the same transaction.

Secondly he is telling fibs, of course he can refund whilst the dispute is ongoing, as soon as a refund is issued the dispute is closed automatically.

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE, IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND THEM PAYPAL MAY WELL FORCE HIM TO DO SO.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lauram1
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou so much that's really helpful!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.