Payment pendind Echeque

Jojo0704
Contributor
Contributor
I paid an item on ebay and when i went to checkout i paid normally like i usually pay but now i see that they selected this thing Echeque even if i had enough credit on my account. Now it's more than a week and paypal still didn't sent the money to seller but they are out of my bank account . How can i do that paypal send the payment faster because i need the items and the seller won't send it until he got the payment?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jojo0704

Echeques are 'normally' sent when your back up card has expired and needs updating OR you have had a recent failed bank transfer or negative balance.

They also sometimes apply it when the item you are buying is of a higher cost than you normally buy or its a riskier transaction. Other than that you would need to ask c.s. why they have sent an echeque.

Normally paypal credits the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer through from your bank account, but if they send an Echeques then its you that taes the wait and that is normally 5-7 working days. Sellers normally won't send an item until they have been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jojo0704
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I have paid in the past items worth up to 300£ with paypal . This one is only £50. I had enough credit in my bank account, my card is not expired and i didn't had any negative transfer or feedback. So none of what u said match my account . And by the way, this is the 7th day and is really getting me annoyd.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jojo0704

Well i can only 'try' and help you by giving the reasons echeques are normally issued and i as already said in my post above if those don't apply then you need to phone customer services and ask why it was issued.

And I also said it was 5-7 working days and not 5-7 days so that can be up to 7-9 calender days.

Oh and your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.