PayPal sending a payment using Echeque on a registered account

asksepta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I just sent a payment to a friend and mistyped their email. I realised my mistake and cancelled the payment. I have just resent it this time with the correct email but this time PayPal have sent an Echeque with the inevitable number of days delay< I am using the same registered bank account I always use pay pal for - and this has never happened previously. Anyone have a possible explanation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @asksepta,

I'm sorry to hear about the mistakenly sent payment and the Instant Transfer option not being available on the subsequent payment. I'm happy to help shed some light on things.

It's probable that the system's security features saw higher risk in the abnormal activity, and determined that Instant Transfer should not be an available option for the second payment. eCheque as a funding option is less risky for all parties in the event that the payment turned out to be unauthorized activity.

I'm sorry that you have experienced inconvenience. The safety of the funds that PayPal transfers is of the utmost importance, and sometimes the safest option isn't the fastest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.