New card cannot accept refunds ?

Gordon57
Contributor
Contributor

I received a gift card, which is a proper mastercard, chip & pin and everything. I added it to may PayPal account and got the usual verification process of a small charge being made and I then entered the code to activate the card on my account. All good up until the time PayPal try to refund the 'small amount' - and the card cannot accept refunds. It's a gift card, initially charged by the issuer but canbnot be topped up or anything. 
Do I accept that I've lost the 'small amount' or can something be done to refund it some other way ? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Gordon57 and welcome back, 

When adding a card to your PayPal account we will always advise to add a traditional card to your account as this ensure that all refunds can be sent. If you are unable to receive the "small amount" that was charged back to your card then please contact us directly so we can request that it is added to your PayPal balance instead. 

You can contact us by phone or email by clicking on the contact/help link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us on  Facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.