Loop hole in scamming, is there no appeal on paypal dispute?

allanrvl
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a $2000 dollar pre-order item in ebay september 2017 and delivery on december 2017. The seller sent me a print out letter of our transaction. After december 2017 he did not send the item and is not responding to messages or email. I made a dispute in paypal since ebay only has 30 days money back and paypal has 180 days. Here is the scamming loop hole, paypal resolution center will ask you if "you did not receive the item" or "you received an item which is significantly different". Since I'm new to disputes and really did not receive the item I chose "I did not receive the item". I also include in the case that I did received a letter but not the item. End result, after escalating it, they favored the seller because of the tracking number he registered with the mail of the print out letter that I already received the item. Without any response from the scammer, he won. It seems that they did not read my explanation of my situation in the case that I only received a letter print out and now I can't make a dispute anymore. It feels like my money is gone and left with a piece of print out and I feel bad because I should of chose "you received an item which is significantly different". Paypal users beware, resolution center feels very automated by the fact that they did not even read my explanation. Is there a way to make an appeal?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.