Pay pal isn't acknowledging the payment.

Deb2024
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment $582 to Pay pal for a place I stayed at. I had fraud on my card, so I canceled the card, and sadly it canceled their payment, then I paid it again. Pay pal paid the vendor $561.00 then charged them $597 ($582 + $15 fee) told them it would go to collections if they didn't pay it.  Pay pal isn't acknowledging my payment; I submitted proof to pay pal from my credit card bank statement showing it was paid and credit card letter showing the case was closed .   I have called over five times, and today he told me it needed to come from my bank proof, and I asked him to look at the uploads and he found it. Everything has to go to the "professionals" he said and to the "back office" and you can't talk to them. He said he would submit it to them today. I told him, I submitted that three weeks ago.  Now it is take another 7-10 business days. The vendor paid the $597 so he could still use his account and keep his business up and running and not going to collections. I told him to drop pay pal they suck.  It still shows on my account under resolution the case is under infestation however, in my messages they sent me told me it is closed and resolved.  The vendor wants me to pay them the $597 they had to pay. I already paid my $582 fee, where is my money pay pal that was sent to you? My bank told me to tell them look into their bank visa (whatever that is) I asked this in the message and they told me to call - like I haven't called so many times and go no where.  How can I solve this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb2024 

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

OR get legal advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deb2024
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have written over 15 times in the message and submitted my paperwork to prove it was paid. I have called over five times, and am not allowed to talk to the "back office" or the "professionals" who are handling my case. The last two times I called the dispute stated, they didn't have any paperwork regarding it, and I had to contact my bank.  I asked them to please look at what I have submitted.  They then find it, and say "again" they are submitting it to the "back office / professionals" I should hear within a week - which has not happened yet and this dispute is going on since 3/8/24.   $582 may not seem like a lot of money to others, but it is a big deal. Plus the business had to pay that again, to get their account out of collections, when it should not have been in collections (or threatened to go to collections) in the first place. It froze their account and they could not do business unless they were paid. Now I made a payment, and it is in "nowhere land" and the business should be getting that money back, and there is not a person who I can talk to that takes ownership.  I have cancer, getting treatment and one the treatments has caused heart failure and I can't be having stress and this is nothing but stress.  HELP please!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb2024 

I have given you advice, either sort it with customer services OR seek legal advice, nothing else anyone on here can do for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.