Not able to stop recurring charges from companies who have gone out of business.

thatsnotok
Contributor
Contributor
 there is not way to look at any of the recurring billings thru paypal.  Your own business model has suddenly become very undependable and hard to use. Because there is no one to talk to anymore.  Your own company seems to be so small that you have suddenly shut down  your phones and customer service .

I have spoken with Digital River finally. And they will they told me they stopped doing business with AVAST this year.  So, I told them that Digital River just collected $74.43 out of my account for the AVAST.  And, I want them to refund it. They said they would not do that, gave me the AVAST phone number, which is no longer active since March.

So, I am telling you at Paypal again, that you need to refund my money to my Chase account.  Both of these businesses are not running but fraudulently making charges thru you even though they are out of business.  I have called AVAST twice and out of business since March.

I have cancelled all recurring AVAST and Digital River accounts the  best I could on their website under my account sign in. I have a copy of the cancelled subscriptions. from companies that are now shut down.  Unfortunately I am unable to access any of these recurring bills on paypals website to see these will be stopped. which already has not stopped thru paypal. 

I am reporting this charge thru paypal to Chase bank that you have also been unwilling to reverse this charge even though the companies are not working together or have already shut down operations.

I am very disappointed in Paypal for their  lack of support at these times and will not be shopping with EBAY until we can use direct use credit cards.  This is a real failure in the PAYPAL business.

So, again I am requesting a full refund for that charge from Digital River.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @thatsnotok Welcome to PayPal Community. Here are the options on how to view or cancel recurring payments or subscription on PayPal: From your PayPal app, here’s how to cancel a billing agreement, automatic recurring payment or subscription: 1. Tap More at the bottom of your home screen. 2. Tap Manage your subscriptions and more. 3. Tap the plan you want to cancel. 4. Tap Cancel payments. 5. Tap Cancel Subscription. From the PayPal.com website, here’s how: 1. Click Settings at the top of the page. 2. Click Payments. 3. Click Manage pre-approved payments or Manage Automatic payments 4. Select the merchant's name or email address. 5. Click Cancel. If the payment has already completed, you can request a refund from the seller. I understand that you've already tried to reach out to the merchant however the issue about the charge is still not resolved. What i can suggest you to do instead is to file a dispute for the completed transaction on the Resolution Center page of your PayPal account. Hope this helps. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

thatsnotok
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for trying to give some advice.  But, there is no place to tap on the profile under your suggestions.  I looked at what paypal says about recurring and going into bank or credit cards.  Still missing any thing that has to do with recurring charges.  I already tried resolution they refused. So, now I'm going to my bank to ask them to cancel the paypal charge to my card.  Paypal must be awfully small to not have anyone anymore to help thru phone calls.  Won't be using Ebay anymore till credit cards are accepted..  But, your advice didn't work for my account.  Or I reallly don't have any recurring charges, which mans paypal is all wrong about not letting me close my account.  Boooo on paypal with no support anymore..  Some companies won't make it thru this crisis and I won't be surprised if Paypal is gone and although Ebay seems so large. They could be gone too..  I know I'm out of here.....  Good day to you sir.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.