Getting frauded by Oath Holdings part of PayPal

Supt
New Community Member

A series of professional emails are going out under my name to people in my organization, asking them to make purchases on my behalf. The real email address that they are coming from has been masked. This message box will not allow me to submit it with the actual email address included. When I looked up the IP Address <removed> of the email, it is coming from the <removed> and belongs to Oath Holdings, part of the Paypal Community. Of course, every dispute number for fraud and abuse is no longer connected, including the Oath Abuse number the tech number. Oath Holdings has no phone numbers listed on their webpages to contact anyone. I will be turning this information over to both local police and making a report to the FBI. There are a number of seriously flawed issues with PayPal. Intentional fraud on the part of staff members is something I am hopeful law enforcement will look into.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Supt 

Huh? Oath is Verizon/Yahoo

https://www.verizonmedia.com/our-brands

It's probably some phishing email, no? It would be big news if PayPal was part of Oath. All I can find with Oath and PayPal associated is when people signed up for a subscription or something they didn't recognize like the paid version of Yahoo Mail.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Supt 

Huh? Oath is Verizon/Yahoo

https://www.verizonmedia.com/our-brands

It's probably some phishing email, no? It would be big news if PayPal was part of Oath. All I can find with Oath and PayPal associated is when people signed up for a subscription or something they didn't recognize like the paid version of Yahoo Mail.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.