Warning: Paypal isn't your pal when hackers hijack your account and steal your money

nordslesviger
Contributor
Contributor

We are told that Paypal is a secure way to send and receive payments online. This is absolutly untrue.

On november 3, 2011 we send an amount of money to our son and the payment went through from our account to his account. (our transaction ID: # 6K343165V19061222 and his transaction ID: # 44975552CT618672V) But before our son could transfer the money to his bank somebody hacked his account, stole the money and closed the account.

We expected that Paypal would do something in a situation like that. But Paypal don't care. We have send several emails to Paypal's resolution center. Each time it takes up to three days before we get an insufficient answer from a person who clearly doesn't understand the situation and who never looked into Paypal's transaction records. We just get standard answers that don't help a bit.

Be warned. Paypal doesn't help when somebody steals your money. Paypal just hide behind the resolution center and waiste your time with insufficient standard answers.

Do anybody know how to get into contact with a sensible and responsible person from Paypal and not just some underpayed employees at the resolution center?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

temp11212011z
Contributor
Contributor

Contact the California Attorney General's office Specify that you are filing against PAYPAL

http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi nordslesviger, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear that your son experienced unauthorized access to his account! It's vital that your son report the unauthorized access right away so a claim can be filed. He would need to be the one to contact PayPal, since the activity occurred on his account, not yours. If he clicks "Contact Us" at the bottom of any PayPal page, he will be able to get a Customer Solutions number (even without logging in) and a representative can help him with his unique situation.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

therssllgrp
Contributor
Contributor

You need to contact them via phone and speak directly to someone.  I recently had my paypal credit card information stolen (the card has been in  my wallet and on my person the whole time) and they helped me immediately recoup  my funds and fix things.  Consider the credit card option.  It may have an easier policy for fraud.  Good luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.