I shipped a item from craigslist, but never recieved the money. What do I do?

katiemayy123
New Community Member

A lady from nigeria purchased a cell phone from me off of craigslist and told me she only goes through paypal. I have never used paypal before, and I shipped the item and I have not yet recieved the money. It has been a little over than a week. I went to the history of the payments and it said there had been no money recieved, or anything. I got a couple emails saying stuff about shipping, and it said my payment from the lady would be credited to my account when I verified the shipping number, so I did, and I still have not recieved the money. I honestly think this is a fraud because the lady will not reply to my emails anymore now that I have shipped the Item. I need help, what should i do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AndriaVB

I had a lady contact me about some rings I was selling on Caraigslist and she too was from Nigeria.  I was suspicious about the emails and so I called Paypal and spoke to them because she had said the same thing to me she said to you and I got emails from "paypal" saying the money had been transferred but apparently it was a scam.  They look so real and authentic but I would send them to spoof@paypal.com.  And call paypal about it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.