Scam Attempt?

TylerB06
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty new to paypal and I was selling an item. They asked me to send it to Nigeria through International Express Mail(EMS) USPS mail. Also I got a email saying there was a pending payment, and it does not show up in my transactions here. Now he says he wants his money back, and he said that he will go to Paypal or even the FBI. I don't know if this is a scam or not. But it seems really sketchy.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Roach
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I figured. I didn't wan't to insult his engloish and since I never use paypal I wasn't sure of procedure but after seeing in the email itself it said not to do what he was telling me to do. The idiot copied and pasted the email You receieve when money is sent to you. I politely told him to go procriate with himself nd that was the end.

Login to Me Too

nickaster
Contributor
Contributor

I've got those jokers on the horn right now.  I was curious how they would try to pull it off, now I see how it works.  Very interesting.  I'm stringing this guy along right now out of sheer amusement.   Does anyone know if there's a place to report them and their domains or anything?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You can report them to www.ic3.gov

It's the online portal for the FBI internet fraud squad.

They're pretty busy, don't expect anything to happen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.