Scam Attempt?

TylerB06
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty new to paypal and I was selling an item. They asked me to send it to Nigeria through International Express Mail(EMS) USPS mail. Also I got a email saying there was a pending payment, and it does not show up in my transactions here. Now he says he wants his money back, and he said that he will go to Paypal or even the FBI. I don't know if this is a scam or not. But it seems really sketchy.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You have good instincts - read all about the famous Nigerian Scam;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=Nigerian+scam&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B2GGGL_en___CA224&ie=UTF...

There never was any money and he's not going to go to Paypal or the FBI (although I wish he would - I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that discussion).

Just don't communicate with him again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You have good instincts - read all about the famous Nigerian Scam;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=Nigerian+scam&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B2GGGL_en___CA224&ie=UTF...

There never was any money and he's not going to go to Paypal or the FBI (although I wish he would - I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that discussion).

Just don't communicate with him again.

Login to Me Too

TylerB06
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, this really helped ease my mind on this deal. I just feel that the word should be spread on this sort of thing. Just by looking at this forum helped me spot red flags.

Login to Me Too

marnelle
Contributor
Contributor

yes it is scam never deal with nigerian indonesian  and lastely english  it is a scam i got scammed by jon ryan on ebay for 4600 dollars his id number direct-eshop you can read it under marnelle id

and you will see his negative feedback he sold me a bike on ebay i told him can you make it cheaper a little he said ok but for some reason ebay can not change the price once submitted we agreed to do it on pay pal   after ebay customer service told me ok ha ha no problem do it it is on ebay also so no problem

paid him 3325 i recieved the bike  kuota kom the crankset was damaged the group were ultegra after he said yep they are sram red i told him im not happy i want to return it i did  called fedex international  the bike was delivered on the 14 th and never heard from him since file with ebay pay pal they both dodge the bullet you know companies 3325 plus 1400 $ shipping cost he rip off me with 4600 dollars im still emailing him every day no answer . they all want their money quickly but not want wants to give your your money 4600 this scam bag low life thief i hope he will use the money on this health

Login to Me Too

TylerB06
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information. I bareley dodged the bullet on this deal. The only thing that saved me was that the mail lady told me 99% of stuff shipped to nigeria is a scam. I was getting worried about getting his money back, that was untill I found this forum.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@TylerB06 wrote:

Thank you for the information. I bareley dodged the bullet on this deal. The only thing that saved me was that the mail lady told me 99% of stuff shipped to nigeria is a scam. I was getting worried about getting his money back, that was untill I found this forum.

It's 100%, not 99%.

I have actually heard on 1 case in 4 years of posting where there was a legitimate customer in Nigeria, but he must be the only one.

Login to Me Too

TylerB06
Contributor
Contributor

Thats hilarious, I was thinking about transfering all my money to the only safe place on this planet...Nigeria what do you think?Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yeah, that would work, but you couldn't withdraw it again.

Login to Me Too

Roach
Contributor
Contributor

Question guys.. I recieved a few emails saying I recieved payment yet don't see it in my cct. Not only that this guy wants me to pay 625 for a shipping agent to come get this car before the funds are 100% mine is this a scam?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yeah, it's a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.