Rental Scam

axisbuilding

I have recently been contacted via email about a shipment going to my rental unit.  No one lives there so it would obviously be easy to have something sent there and picked up.  The posting is on craigslist, so they have the address to have something sent.  The email stated that it was past my limit.   I didn't even have a paypal account.  So to post this listing, I had to get a paypal account.  I tried to go direct online to a customer service, but the online service didn't work.  So, paypal, you may want to do some research on (account# not allowed to be posted).  I don't know if those are shipment #'s or codes on  a purchase.  You have my phone number...so you may want to call me.  Could this be someone scamming to get my paypal account #'s? The ball is in your court..Paypal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi axisbuilding,

Welcome to the forums! These forums are a venue for member-to-member communication, for sharing experiences and tips with one another, and to offer and seek general assistance to and from other members.

Taking a look at your post, I have a few questions: Did you send a payment to someone? Did someone send a payment to you? It may be that you received a phishing email intended to get you to respond by sending someone money or giving them more information about you. If there's more to it than that, you may need to contact PayPal Customer Solutions by phone or email. 

If you select "Email us" after using the link above and log in, you should be able to select a topic and add a subject line. Then on the page that follows that one, you can type an email to PayPal Customer Solutions and explain the situation for their review. If you elect to call instead, you can get the number with or without logging in, but logging in gives you a webpin number that breezes you through account validation more swiftly.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.