Fraudulent email

paluser123
New Community Member

I recently recieved this email. i clicked on the link and thank goodness it is phished.

well, it goes like this:

Dear PayPal customer,

Our company has intended a new feature that will improve the Online Banking security. Upgrading our systems will help protect our customers accounts from 3rd-party access and reduce fraud. This process has started on 14th January, 2011 and will be closed on 19th January, 2011.

All our members are required to update their account profile for the new databases. Filling our online form will take about 3-5 minutes from your time.

To access our profile update form click on the following link to login to your account:

Please note that failure in updating your profile will result in account suspension.

Alison Grudzinski,
IT Assistant Manager,
PayPal Inc.

the email comes from  " office @ paypa.  com "

when i clicked on the link i came to this one:

http://www.yurcic.com/validation/

this link is very deceptive since it looks exactly like paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi paluser123,

Welcome to the forums!

Yep, that's definitely a fake. There are a lot of giveaways on that - the link, the sending address, the fact that it addresses you generically as "PayPal customer", etc.

Good catch! You should see if you get all the questions right on the Fight Phishing Challenge!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.