Fraud

astorm65
New Community Member

I have gotten an email from djzico hotmail.co.uk as a merchant requesting money... I have no knowledge of this merchant and didn't buy anything from him.  Please investigate this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

wpd121
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to have to break this to you but Paypal does not care if you get scammed.  All they are about is if they get their money.  I have been scammed and Paypal gave them their money back in addition to the scammer keeping my Iphones.  I tend to be very leary of on-line transactions and took steps to protect myself.  In my case, I made sure I cashed out my payment before I sent the Iphones and I used a bank account I closed after getting the money out.

Paypal is going to eat this transaction since they gave the money back to the scammers.  I closed my bank account to prevent Paypal from taking my money back.  If they want to give the money back to the scammers, they can pay for it. 

Good Luck with your future endeavors and I would avoid using Paypal because they do not offer any protection. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.