Emails from PayPal with an R trademark.........fraud

cranberrycutie
Contributor
Contributor

Recently  I got an email  from "PayPal with an R trademark  after the letter L........this is a fraudulent paypal response! 

I had a designer wedding gown on Craigs list that was to sell for $1,000. +  shipping and handling.  I was pursed  by a "buyer  Paul <removed>"....FRAUD>>>>>>SCAM      

He sent me numerous  letters from  his created Paypal R account saying that  the money was forth coming once I  shipped this designer wedding gown to an address in Jersey.  I told  him no money  no gown....The legit paypal  had no  record of him or the money. Last saturday "<removed>" demanded that the gown be overnited at the tune of 250.00 .  I did not send it, but told him there was a problem with his funds not reaching the account.  He tried again sending me the fraudulent confirmation...still not going to work with me.   <removed> of course is not his real name, and he wanted this shipped to  another person at the address he had given me before...(the name of a detective on a NBC crime show...how original?)  Still I sent no gown . His paypal letter said that once I  sent the gown and provided him with tracking information  the funds would be released into my account....Right and let me sell you space in the world trade center!

Yesterday, this idiot sends me an Email  calling me a fraud and a scam  and he was going to report me to the police for scamming him......I needed a good laugh and he provided it.  I wrote back and told  him to open up a PayPal dispute resolution...and   welcomed him to call the police..I even offered to call the police in his locale myself and get the ball rolling.

This morning I get another  fake PAYPAL R  confirmation that says he  has been verified, and the money  has been taken from his account  yada  yada yada....but the way the letter was written, it was not written by PayPal....it was not even written by someone that  can write a sentence or speak ENGLISH..........

this man will not give up on trying to get this designer gown for free......

what he doesnt know is...I know he is a fake, and  I will continue to play and send security his emails as well as build my case for prosecution

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cowgirl1963

I also got an email from paypal with the R after the L. I sent all my emails from the buyer to spoof@paypal.com. I'm like you, I also keep getting emails from the guy wanting to buy my wedding dress. Saying he is going to report me to the FBI.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.