Email from Paypal:

roy44944
Contributor
Contributor

Received an email from service(at paypal.com):

"This email confirms that you have added the following address to your
account"

followed by a name & address I've never heard of.

I sent it to spoof (at paypal.com), and their reply was:

"Although we've determined that the email you forwarded to us is not a
phishing attempt, our security team is grateful for your concern."

Anyone have anything similar recently and should I be concerned?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

It's possible our security systems and personnel caught the addition of the information and automatically removed it.  If your transactions are all authorized, I would still recommend changing your password and security questions and running the virus scans.

Never hurts to be too careful, after all Smiley Happy

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

roy4494,

If this isn't a spoof email, then an address has definitely been added to your account.  Go directly to PayPal.com and log in.  Review your recent purchases and remove the address in question.  If you need to file a claim for an unauthorized purchase, do so as soon as possible through the Resolution Center.  PayPal offers 100% protection against unauthorized transactions.

You may also want to change your password and security questions and run a virus scan of your computer if you have unauthorized transactions.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

roy44944
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian,

Thanks for the quick response. I cannot find any evidence of the name or address that was in the email in my Paypal account. I can account for all recent purchases and none match up with the name / address in the email. Any ideas?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

It's possible our security systems and personnel caught the addition of the information and automatically removed it.  If your transactions are all authorized, I would still recommend changing your password and security questions and running the virus scans.

Never hurts to be too careful, after all Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

hawi719
New Community Member

Hi, I also received an email supposedly from paypal saying that I have paid paypal@creative .com $423.98.

I did not order anything and do not authorize this transaction. what should i do?

It gives the seller name and address too, I dont want to open that link......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Definitely do not click on that link.  Go directly to PayPal.com and log into your account.  If you see the payment there, click on "Contact Us" and call PayPal to report the unauthorized transactions.  Run a virus a scan on your computer, remove any outstanding issues, and then change your password and security questions. 

If you don't see an unauthorized payment, forward the email you received to spoof@paypal.com.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

cails5
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal Customer,

We have noticed unusual activity in some of our customers accounts and 3rd-party access to Online Account. Because our customers security is our main priority, we request you to verify your account and confirm you are the owner. Validating your account will require about 3 minutes of your time.

To access the activation form click on the following link:
<link removed>
Once you have verified and confirmed your account, you can continue using our services as usual.

Elizabeth J. Williams,
IT Assistant Manager,
PayPal Customer Service
Login to Me Too

Knocturnal
Contributor
Contributor

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal will not call you "customer".

They will always address you by your full name as registered with Paypal.

The email you received is a SCAM!

Login to Me Too

Schulzamy
New Community Member

Yes, I just received an email today telling me that I've added another address to my paypal account and to click  the link to confirm the address. I forwarded it to spoof@paypal.com but, nothing looks any different than usual with my account that I can see? Or, am I missing something on this one? No one has been on my computer to do anything to it so I was very suspicous of this notification. I see that someone else has received this also? Or, something to the same effect? Do I have to reset my password and security questions again to protect myself? Or, what do I do about this.....ignore it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.