BINVERSE Is a scam

JaniceL
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled within the 3 day "free" offering. I did not receive a confirmation email, so I did it 2 more times. I also tried cancelling manually via their website.  BINVERSE denies they received my cancellation. A Binverse operator confirmed they were having IT "problems". How convenient for them.

They claim they received my cancellation ONE day late and this is their faulty justification for illegally charging me for a month.

PayPal has received numerous complaints about Binverse's fraudulent billing practices:
www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof/Binverse-99-96-fraud-triing-to-take-money-from-...

Industry standard USENET REVIEW does not recommend Binverse because of too many complaints and their bad billing practices.

Many more complaints about Binverse:
www.complaintsboard.com
www.scamfound.com

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Binverse_Team
New Community Member

Dear JaniceL,

We are very sorry to hear that you were having problems with Binverse.

To avoid any misapprehensions we would like to explain the general conception of our website. After signing up on binverse.com, you enter the free trial period which lasts for 3 days. In general, payment is possible via credit card or PayPal. When choosing PayPal $1 will be charged by PayPal in order to make sure the account is verified. As mentioned several times during the sign up process as well as in our Free Trial Terms (which have to be accepted by the customer) you have to cancel our service during the trial period if you do not want your membership to be converted into a paid contract. Otherwise you will enter the full membership.

If you wish to retract your membership or cancel our service, you can do so either by using the Online Support Form or by clicking on the cancel button in the member area.

After your cancellation you receive a confirmation of your cancellation. The confirmation serves as proof of your cancellation.

Also, we would like to point out that it is our goal to make our website as trustful and reliable as possible. It is not our intention to give any false information to our customers regarding our service. If you have any concerns about Binverse or problems with signing up or cancelling, please feel free to send us an e-mail. We will do our best to solve any problem and incorporate your suggestions.

Best regards,

Your Binverse Team

Login to Me Too

JaniceL
Contributor
Contributor

TO BINVERSE:

Your reply is too little, too late.  And you did not address the details that are clearly outlined.

Fortunately PayPal has seen through your fraudulent billing and ridiculous excuses and have issued the refund that you refused to.  The amount was small. The principle large. The karma measureless. Your short sighted scammy practices and greed sends customers to businesses that have good will and good customer service and proper business practices.

Also very interesting is your greedy pricing:

Provider:            Monthly Fee
  UseNetServer   $7.90
  Astraweb           $8.00
  Supernews        $9.99
  Newshosting     $9.99
  BINVERSE      $29.95

Login to Me Too

Aging-Patricia
New Community Member

If you are charging $1 then it is not a 'free' trial, is it?  Your explanation that the $1 charge via PayPal is required to verify the account is laughable, because you also charge $1 if a person registers with a credit card.  Although on second thought you would need to verify, in order to implement your underhanded practice of automatically converting a membership into a paid contract at the end of the 'free' trial.  That is nothing more than a cash grab, even if you do mention during  the sign up process that the onus is on the individual to cancel your service during the trial period if they don't want a full membership.  Upstanding, reputable companies would never employ that tactic, because to do so would create customer dissatisfaction, and they believe in the concept of puttting their customers first.  Somehow I doubt we will find that anywhere in your mission statement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.