Another fraudulent email spam

TOMMYG
New Community Member

Hi All,

One more fraudulent email spam I continue to receive.  Do not open.  Simply delete.

mypaypalpayments@ugotinstantcash.info

PEACE,

Tommy G.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Moved to Fraud, phishing and spoof

Thank you for the heads up TOMMYG 

If you ever have an email that you're not sure is from PayPal, you can send it to us to look at.  Just forward it to spoof@paypal.com

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

roe48
New Community Member

Got an "email" from paypal, saying I had authorized a donation to Bob Retolla.  I have not.  I am freaked now, because, I do not remember if I logged in or not, but I stopped when thye wanted me to input all of my information-including my accounts & password to "confirm".  Now, I want to chanmge my password, and they want all of my account info before they allow me to.

Help!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Login from your browser, not from an email link.

Once you've logged in, the pages that come up are authentic.

You should also take precautions against a possible keylogger spuware that you may have downloaded when you opened the email link.

Do this BEFORE you input any sensitive information into your computer;

Change your passwords - all of them.

THEN, you need to run several anti-spyware programs in case you got a keylogger downloaded to your computer.  Spybot and Malware anti-malware are good and they're free - Google them for the download sites.

THEN, you need to change all of your passwords AGAIN, in case the keylogger had time to send the password change to another computer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.