fee for purchase?

lorrit27
New Community Member

I was charged a 13 dollar and some change fee for making a purchase! There should be no fee for making purchases as to my kmowledge. This was a seperate charge to my account for a 133 dollar and some change purchase. I realize that some retailers charge a 1.00 preauthorization to make sure credit/debit cards are legit but never had one use such a high amount! What exactly is this fee for? augh

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

PayPal doesn't charge buyers extra for making a purchase payment - this is likely an additional fee tacked on by your seller.  I would recommend reaching out to them as to the discrepancy in your order total.  It could be shipping or even tax.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

chesterfield32
New Community Member

I have been using HomeAway website for several years and when I rent a property they typically accept credit cards using PayPal and they are adding 5% to the total price for the rental to recoup their fees to PayPal..

This is supposed to be illegal, but I have complained to PayPal for years , but this is rampant on many websites.

Todd

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.