One of Two Transfers Incurs Fee?

mattnrsa
New Community Member

I have two friends who owed me money, and they both transferred it over to me.  The first transfer for $87.50 carried over the full amount, but the second one for $66.75 incurred a fee.  The second transfer is now giving me the option of printing a shipping label!  Did the second person do something wrong when submitting the transfer?  Should I refund it and have her resubmit?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

It sounds as if one of your friends submitted a Personal Payment whereas the other used a traditional, Purchase Payment. 

Purchase Payments always come with an attached processing fee - see www.paypal.com/fees for our fee schedule.

As for refunding the payment, if your friend paid you via Credit Card but still selected a Personal Payment, they may also have elected to pass the fee along.  Otherwise, you might consider refunding them and then asking them to resubmit - plus an additional thirty cents for the fixed fee portion that is non-refundable. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.