I am not a merchant, but would like to charge for a forum. No fees?

Sbux77
Contributor
Contributor

I operate a private forum where the members all pay an equal portion of the hosting fees.  Our forum has a subscription feature which would make it extremely easy for all of us to pay via paypal and me to pay the hosting company.  However,  our subscription is only $1 and Paypal charges us as a merchant and takes $.32 off each $1 payment.

How can I use the forum subscription feature to charge my members their  fee without incurring merchant fees? 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

G2
Contributor
Contributor

paypal has to make money somewhere..

Ultimately, you're the one paying the fee's not your subscribers.  Bump the subscription to $1.50 and you'll net more than than 1$ after the fee's.  Nothing is free.  How about a check?  Whats a stamp cost?

Login to Me Too

Sbux77
Contributor
Contributor

I agree that PP needs to make money, but $.32 off one $1 tranaction is a little greedy, IMO.   WE are not making any money on this.  Not to mention, most of our members use paypal on a regular basis to buy items from one another.  So, they still get their money from us somehow.  I feel this tiny fee is gouging us. 

There has to be another way.  Checks are not an option.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Sbux77,

Have you considered our micropayments rate?  If your transactions are primarily under $10, it might be the best choice for you.  Check out https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/ for more information and how to sign up.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.