Contradiction regarding fees?

yisman
Contributor
Contributor
What are the fees for PayPal accounts?

Opening an account:

PayPal doesn't charge a fee to open a PayPal account.

Sending money – Personal payments:

It's free within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

Receiving money – Personal payments:

It's free to receive money from friends or family in the U.S. when they send the money from the PayPal website using only their PayPal balance or their bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

=======

on the forum, Paypal Adrian's thread appears to indicate that all payments are charged fees.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

yisman
Contributor
Contributor

yisman
Contributor
Contributor

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It all depends,  it the 'Purchase" tab or the "personal" tab is used when sending money.

If the "personal" tab is used, and is funded by a paypal balance or bank account then there is no paypal fee.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I'll second ProfData (kudos!) - the selection of a "Personal" payment versus a regular payment makes all the difference.

Check out www.paypal.com/fees.  This page has been updated recently and goes into a bit greater detail. 

Well, and it looks all snazzy now, too.  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.