$1 fee on ebay? AND i still wasn't able to get through. GIFTCARD PROBLEMS.

roxaboxin331
New Community Member

I tried to connect an American Express giftcard to my paypal in order to pay for an item on ebay. Every time I tried to input it, they website said *we could not process you card, try using another* so I repeatedly tried for about 5 times, just in case I made a mistake of some sort. Next thing you know, I checked my gift card balance and PAYPAL charged a fee of $1 for every time I tried inputting the information, a total of $5! I tried to register my gift card online so the company can match the billing adress with the card info, but there seems to be no option for that for any American Express giftcard-- I feel like I'm stuck here and I lost $5 for nothing! I'm just hopinh the money cn get back into the card without any verification (mostly because there is no way to register my info with AMEX). The worst thing is, since my card didn't get through, I still can't pay for the item! HELP! Will the money be put back into the card without the verification! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Bowitch
Contributor
Contributor
On the back of your gift card is an 800 number, call ASAP explain & have them return as no service was provided & an error occurred .Should help....
Login to Me Too

LiyuJishin
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem, only I tried it 4 times. I had the same problem before with my other AMEX gift card. I guess paypal just can't handle gift cards.

Also, i'm glad that i'm not the only one with this problem!!

I wonder if anyone has a different idea on this problem. 

Login to Me Too

LiyuJishin
New Community Member

Sooo I just called them and a the person said that you have to register your card before you put it into paypal. The registering is only possible when you call online. Now I just have to wait and see if it actually works. And I'll let everyone know.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The fees should drop off in a couple of days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.