Weird case of Charge back

AndreiTalpiga
New Community Member

Ok this is a long story but i hope whoever reads it understands and can help me with what is going on. Around september time i have borrowed some money to a friend of mine(200pounds to be exact) and after a few weeks he has paid me via paypal, i had never used paypal before, he gifted me the 200pounds and then the next day i have transfered them into my bank account, nothing happened until before christmas when i sold something on ebay and got paid on paypal(241pounds) the money came in my paypal account after the buyer from ebay had received the item and after 1-2 days 200 were gone, i waited 1 day because i though there was some glitch with my account but then when i checked on my pc the 200 pound transaction from 8 september it said it was on hold(witch i think its stupid to be able to chargeback 2 months after the money was given to a person) then i proceeded to contact paypal and my friend to see what was going on, the person that gave me the money was confused because he didnt know what was going on and paypal has told me they will open a case about this chargeback and i said fine, but in the meantime my friend has contacted paypal and tried to close the case witch paypal has told him they closed but on my side it was not closed and i had to give paypal information about what happend and i have said in that information that he has tried to close the case and the website has told him it was closed(he even sent me a screenshot with the case id and under it, it said the case has been closed). After i sent my information to paypal they sent me an email that they will take around 30days to complete this case with his card institution, on the 12th of January i had received an email. I have checked my paypal account and all the money where there and i was just going to do all the requirements to get the restriction off my account as i have my account restricted now. After that on the 21 of jan(yesterday) i have looked at my email and saw the email saying the case is closed in his favour but also there was no reason as well witch is wierd, today i have tried to call or email paypal and not really successful as i have to wait 2 hours until they have a free agent to call me back and help me solve this problem. All i want to know now is when will he get the refund and on what account as we are unsure if he will get it on his paypal account of bank account. This process is really stupid because he had cancelled they should have not asked me for details to continue with the case and just close the case and get rid of the hold in the transaction so that i can use the money, now i am 214 pounds on minus because of this stupid chargeback, you might think its not a lot but for a 17 year old that doesnt want to ask his parents to give him money its significant! If you can help me solve this or if you had something similar please help. Sorry if i have misspelled something or worded my sentence badly.

(Post edited by Moderator)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.