Paypal doesn't care if the item is stolen

wilvelas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody,

So, I just find my situation ridiculous. As it turns out, I bought an automotive scan tool from ebay motors just a few months ago. The tool went bad (no communication to car) and so I tried to contact the manufacturer. Was sending the tool in when they responded that the tool serial number matches a series that was reported stolen (so more than one tool was stolen). I immediately contacted the seller to try and find out what was going on, he said he would provide no support.

So I contacted paypal asking to open a dispute. Within a day the dispute was closed, paypal's response is "We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

So as I understand it, paypal doesn't care what you sell using their services, as long as they get paid. Any ideas what I should do community?!? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kmstewart2710
New Community Member

I am going through the same thing.  I bought an LG cell phone that is for Verizon Wireless.  The phone looked great and just as it was described.  However, when I went to activate it today, I found out it was reported as lost or stolen so I was unable to activate it.  I've tried contacting the member I bought it from but he's been rather slow to respond to anything and I've only got 3 days after I receive it to send it back.  I just want to make sure I get my refund!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.