Cannot open dispute after 45 days but item purchased was a pre-release purchase

Smurfette62
Contributor
Contributor

On 11/25/2010 I ordered the new Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition (Wii, 2010) which was purchased as a "pre-release". I was supposed to receive the item between 12/24/2010 and 01/06/2011. I did not receive the game. I then sent an email to the seller (mychellemybell)  asking the status of the shipment and did not receive a reply. I then went into Ebay to submit my feedback and was then asked to submit a dispute. This was about a week to 10 days ago and did not receive a response. I then went back into Ebay and PayPal and both of them said it was past the 45 day deadline for disputes and to contact the seller. Additionally, there was and "Ebay Note" that said: "This user is no longer registered on eBay". What can I do from here? Any advice would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

How did you fund your PayPal payment? If it was completely by credit card, you can initiate a chargeback. If it was from the PayPal balance, maybe you can ask PayPal to refund you even though the 45 days have passed for customer good will. Never hurts to ask. I've had PayPal do some nice things for me over the years. It balances out with the thieves I've encountered over the years.

Good luck!

p.s. If you like or appreciate my response, please click on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

How did you fund your PayPal payment? If it was completely by credit card, you can initiate a chargeback. If it was from the PayPal balance, maybe you can ask PayPal to refund you even though the 45 days have passed for customer good will. Never hurts to ask. I've had PayPal do some nice things for me over the years. It balances out with the thieves I've encountered over the years.

Good luck!

p.s. If you like or appreciate my response, please click on the thumbs up button.

Login to Me Too

Yahweh
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for some batteries but was sent wrong ones. I was refunded by paypal. I was transferring the money bit by bit to my own account.  I accidentally punched refund the other day to see if I had any money left at my paypal account, and paypal took the whole amount which was around  $40.00 from my bank account. How am I able to return this money I sent by accident? 

YW Yilsua

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

You can ask for it back from the person you refunded. Perhaps provide clear instructions with screenshots and your buyer may feel like helping you out. If not, that's on you. If you sent a refund even if by mistake, I don't know how this is PayPal's responsibility.

Login to Me Too

HomeHelp

think tekgems has some good advice here but  think u most likely are just gonna have to deal with the loss. If the ticket amount is worth fighting for than by all mean complain and blame away. I bet it will be more of an issue of time than anything else.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.