Parcel Force not uplifting the parcel

very_unhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I booked an uplift from parcelforce, through paypal.  the uplift was arranged for the 18/1/11.  As we are treated as a "rural area" I allowed an extra day onto this.  When parcel was not uplifted I first e mailed parcelforce , asking when the parcel would be uplifted. They answered with a reply of how to claim a refund from Paypal.  I replied to this stating that I did not require a refund , but the parcel to be uplifted.

I then called the local collection depot who assured me that the parcel would be uplifted today, I did not need to claim a refund.

I have just received another e mail from parcel force telling me that I need to claim and a refund and re book an uplift.

I called the local depot who, confirmed the details with the tracking number I gave them. They she said well if parcel force say that I have to cancel and re book, then I need to do that.

I asked her why and she said that when the number has been removed from the system there is nothing else they can do.  But I told her it hasn't been removed from the system because she has just confirmed the details using the system.

I can't get anyone to tell me what has gone wrong here and why. Is there any point in re booking and waiting another week, to no avail?

Apart from the fact that I will need to wait 21 days for a refund from Paypal.

Has anyone else had problems with parcelforce, should I try another courier?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You do not wait 21 days for your Refund, it should be quicker than that, just request a refund via the original transaction within your PayPal account.

Why not try using Interparcel.com

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You do not wait 21 days for your Refund, it should be quicker than that, just request a refund via the original transaction within your PayPal account.

Why not try using Interparcel.com

Login to Me Too

very_unhappy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you input.  I haven't claimed  a refund from then before, so was just going by their comments about waiting up to 21 days.  

The parcel was eventually uplifted today after my phone calls, so I am just crossing my fingers now that it will arrive ok.

I have spent today looking at other couriers and will certainly be trying someone else in the future, nit least because of the unhelpful e mails and phone calls.  I will check out your suggestion too.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.