Payment taken from someone's account with my name against it but wasn't me - HELP!!

Jen75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've sold an item on ebay in December and the payment was processed at this time, I got an e-mail from the buyer today saying more money has been taken from their bank account in January and that the transaction has my details against it.  I've checked my paypal transactions histroy and this amount definitely never went through and I don't know anything about it.

How can we resolve this and find out where the money went??

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Do nothing, advise your buyer that there are no transactions upon your account for them other than the initial one, advise them if they wish to dispute the transaction open a dispute via the Resolution Centre for item not received for the second transaction.

Trust they are aware that the payment comes out of their bank five days after they pay you and not at the same time.

This is not your problem but theirs.

Login to Me Too

Jen75
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice, I've told them that there is nothing else in my transaction history but haven't heard a thing back from them.

Will just wait and see if I hear anything else from them.

Thanks again.Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It could of course be some kind of scam!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.