Item damaged in transit, returned to seller by courier company. Refund nightmare

D40guy
New Community Member

I live in the UK. I bought an item on Ebay from the US. Seller shipped it via a 3rd party. It arrived in the uk but was found to be damaged when it got to my nearest depot. It was not delivered to me but returned to the US by the courier. I have an e-mail from them to state this.

I contacted Ebay but was told I had no claim as the seller has proof it was delivered. What he can see on the tracking details on line is that it was "delivered"when the UK courier gave it back to the courirer to return to the US and that was 200 miles from me.

I have provided all the details and a copy of my email saying I never received the package from the courier themselves.

Ebay will not refund me.

Paypal will not look into it because Ebay decided I had the parcel.

I contacted my credit card and they have accepted that I have a claim and gave me a refund for the item iytself and the postage.

Now Paypal have lodged a claim sayind that I had the item and they want the cash back.

I feel like closing my paypal account and ending any dealings with Ebay because who knows when they can do this again.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there D40guy,

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear about what has happened with your recent purchase on eBay.

If an item is damaged and not received and you file a case through eBay, it's not possible to dispute the same transaction on PayPal. I understand that this is frustrating for you but this is to prevent duplicate refunds from being issued.

Is there any way that you could request a document from the delivery company that confirms that the items were returned to your seller?

If you can obtain one, you can then provide the document to eBay directly and that will confirm to them that the items were returned to the seller. Then eBay should be able to resolve this for you and refund your transaction.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.