Is signed for delivery not enough?

Lampeter
Contributor
Contributor

Please, someone help me. I am desperate.

Right, I awoke to find a claim had been filed against me. I sold a mobile phone on ebay (stupidly) to Azerbaijan. But he'd had perfect feedback and I thought "what's the harm, I'll send it signed for delivery". I posted the item 5th July, it was signed for 25th July, which is stated by the tracking number.

The only receipt I have though is my card reciept which I took to my post office and she kindly went through her books and confirmed that I had posted it on that date etc. I do not have the proof of postage certificate. Maybe it got chucked when I saw that the item had been signed for. Paypal have told me that I need to upload this in order to get my money back.

I just checked my paypal and they've kindly plunged my account into minus £200, bascially meaning I have got to cancel all my ebay items.

Is there anything at all I can do? I have been conned. I know I have. Please can someone give me advice. Telephoning both paypal and royal mail has not helped at all. It would seem that the fact the item has been signed for does not mean anything at all.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.