Seller gone bankrupt

CrimsonAvenger
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some concert tickets and the tickets arrived.  Unfortunately the promoter & seller of the tickets has gone bankrupt before the concert went ahead.  Tried raising a dispute but as it has been over 45 days since I purchased the tickets this will not work.  I have tried contacting my bank & they say that as the tickets were bought through a 3rd party (PayPal) they cannot help.  Any ideas? Tried emailing PayPal but just got an automated response telling me to raise a dispute

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but if you are past 45 days then paypal won't  open a dispute for you and apart from that tickets are not covered by buyer protection.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

teresaoz
New Community Member

Hi, exactly the same thing has happened to me I bought 6 tkts last Jan for a concert in Aug and the promotor has gone into liquidation. Paypal will not remburse......so that teaches me not to buy anything other than e bay purchases using Paypal. I was not aware there was a 45 dispute time. The only thing you can do is apply as an unsecured creditor to the liquidators, fill in the forms and hope for the best.

I thought that Paypal was like a credit card and you would have protection against this kind of thing. First and last time!!!!!! an expensive lesson learnt.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You get the same protection with ebay as other sites.

With ebay you are also not covered for tickets and also there is the 45 day claim limit. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CrimsonAvenger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to everyone who has replied.  Paypal is not the safest way to pay online as it advertises! I will use a credit card next time and not use paypal for anything other than ebay.  I feel cheated by paypal as I thought it was a safe guaranteed way to pay.

Login to Me Too

pambo
New Community Member

Having same problem as you guys 😞 Won't trust Paypal ever again and will tell everyone else I know to avoid and use credit card instead! It's bad for business, Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.