I Really Need Help

LeeOfBacup
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a camera on the 2nd of Feb.. It arrived faulty so I contacted the seller, and I filled out the required returns process on their website. They have ignored me.

I asked Paypal to get involved and they told me to return the camera for a refund and they provided me with an address. 

The address was incomplte and consisted of a just a street name and country, example "Kings road, Hong Kong"....

I phoned Paypal on the 16th and they told I should not post it and me they would get back to me with the correct address by the 22nd.

Today on the 26th they sent me an email again saying that I needed to return the camera to that incomplete address and I have to provide proof of postage and a tracking number by the 26th Feb, today.. 

I have just got off the phone with customer service after an hour of being asked to wait a minute countless times only to be told that she did not have the training needed to deal with my enquirey and I should just wait until I recieve another notification email. When I asked how long she said she didn't know....

So what do I do? 

I can't phone for help, I've tried to do that twice and it's got me nowhere, I've tried sending messages on paypal regarding complaints, these are supposed to be answered in 24 hours, they've been ignored..

What's the next step I take?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeeOfBacup

You can either return it to the incomplete address and take the risk. OR

if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

If they agree to do so then you would need to close the paypal claim first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeeOfBacup
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

It's impossible to return to the provided address... I tried that the first time but the courier would not accept it. They said I could not leave the postcode, town, province, empty. That's what prompted me to phone Paypal CS in the first place.

I did not use a card I transfered funds directly from my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

LeeOfBacup
Contributor
Contributor

After many hours on the phone yesterday Paypal have finally listened to me and refunded me as a "good gesture". 

At first they wanted me to provide written proof that the address was incomplete I explained that Paypal told me to use ParcelMonkey.com and I don't know how I could get written proof off them and they should try and fill in the address on that site to see what it says. 

They tried but said it wasn't proof enough! I asked to speak to the girls manager who came on and I explained the problem and told him to look at the address given and tell me the town and postcode. He couldn't and so conceded that the address was incomplete. At first they said that they would contact the seller for the correct address and they would have 5 days to respond, I explained that I'd already been through all of that on the 16th...

They then explained that it was Paypal's policy not to let the seller have a refund and keep the item, faulty or not, so I asked "if I was a seller and sold a faulty item and gave a fake return address and ignored Paypal's emails I wouldn't have to give a refund?".

That's when they finally saw my point of view and ruled in my favour...

On a side note, does anyone want a LaTrax Alias digital camera, spares or repair? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.