Funds on hold - I owe paypal?

johnooo20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Never had this issue before and I hope someone can help me. So I sold something on ebay. Buyer wanted to return and refund which is fine so I accepted the return request. Am just waiting on the item to get back to me before I refund the buyer.

My issue is my paypal balance is not in negative balance of -£41. It says I owe paypal this money so I don't understand what is going on. I really need to order something tonight but I can't due to this negative balance. So not only do I have to refund the buyer £41 I also owe paypal £41? If I was to pay this £41 back to paypal right now. Then refund the buyer his £41 once the item arrives back to me. Will paypal then give me back the £41 I gave them? I don't understand why I owe paypal money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi johnooo20,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It sounds like the buyer has opened a dispute on the transaction they made to you. When a dispute has been opened the funds are placed on hold, if you have already withdrawn or spent the funds this may cause your PayPal account balance to become negative. If this is the case you will only owe one amount of £41 on the account and will not be charged. I would recommend adding funds to your PayPal account balance to cover the £41 before you continue with any further purchases.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.