Formal complaint

Hogweed
Contributor
Contributor

When I click on “How do I make a formal complaint to PayPal? It takes me to a page which says:

1. Go to our Help & Contact page.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, click How to make a formal complaint to PayPal.
  3. Read the information. If you're sure you still need to submit a formal complaint, click Continue.
  4. Complete the form with your details and click Send.

However, when I go to “Help & Contact” as above, it takes me back to the same page I was on!

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

chimichukey
Contributor
Contributor

I found this out this morning. It's very sneaky to do this as it looks like Paypal is fobbing off genuine concerns. I have never been able to contact them and when contacting the call centre either they ignore the calls or answer after a few hours. 

Which makes me wonder what is Paypal trying to hide and why should I trust it to do my transactions when I can't contact them?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chimichukey

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PSPSPS
Contributor
Contributor

Yes my experience exactly.

I can find absolutely NO way of making acomplaint.

Every email I send receives no acknowledgement or reply.

Customer services refuse to tell me how to make a complaint

if I ask to speak to a manager "No one is available"

I have used facebook messsgae, but all I get is someone "who sympathises with my frustartion"

They have FINALLY messo ask me not to get angry!!

They seem to be completely unhelpful,and when you want to complain about them being unhelpful, they shut off all to gethet

If they were a UK company they would have to have a complaints procedure and to send it to you if asked, but it seems they hide behind American Law,and their luxembourg address to evad any of their respionsibilites,and be free from any regulating authority.I may be doing them a disservice, but theyrefuse to reply to enlighten me otherwise

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.