Fake scammer website use PayPal

Bar0001
New Community Member
Hello I try purchase something and realize it was a scam after 10 days. Now dispute. I see it was wire from my bank account as PayPal didn't have funds $2000. It show As paid to friend as family even it was for purchase but online fake scammed website that use fake emails!! Anyway I realize I was scammed. This was send to some kind of Mr Chaplin??? I see in statements. And they not responding. What will happen now? If seller don't respond in 10 days can PayPal credit me? It's a lot of money. And PayPal should not allow sending money to non existence people. Please advise.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Bar0001.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened on your account recently. If you have send a payment for an item that you were purchasing as a personal payment, this would mean that you are not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy for the payment you have sent. 

If this payment was funded with a credit/debit card or bank account, you should contact your bank directly to determine if it's possible for this payment to be disputed with them. You may have protection in place with your bank or card issuer directly.

For future reference, I would advise you to review additional information on our Buyer Protection Policy here https://goo.gl/ljeUiS

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.