Dispute - item not recieved

Icesurfer
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two NUC mini pc's as Christmas presents for my Children. Purchased through eBay from the same seller. Howevver, the items where never received and here's my dilema:

The sellers communication was excellent during the initial period and just after the eBay 30 day money back guarantee ran out. He confirmed that he was claiming for the non delivery, which would be settled on the 8 Jan 2015 and he would refund me my £500 straight away.

Since then I have not heard from the seller at all - he has ignored both private emails and eBay messages.

As a result of this I have opened a dispute via PayPal. I now have to "provide some supporting documentation for this claim by 22 Jan 2015", but am unsure what documentation PayPal requires.

Does anyone have any idea what they might be after? I've tried calling their customer services to confirm and have currently been in the queue for 40 minutes waiting to speak to an agent. Are their customer services always this bad? Is there anyway of requesting they call me?

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Never heard of a buyer needing supporting documents !!

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Icesurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Well I gave up after an hour and fifteen minutes waiting in the "queue" - that amount of time waiting for someone to answer a call is just ridiculous and doesn't instill me with a sense of confidence. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

well as its a freephone number from most landlines and a busy time of day i would just continue to hold.

waited over 2 hours to get through to the taxman the other day.....and had to pay for that !!!!!!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Icesurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have definately lost all faith in Paypal now.

Have just received an an email saying that the buyer can prove they posted the items, so they will not refund my £500, despite the fact I provided proof that I had not received the item.

So I have no items and am left £500 out of pocket and I'm failing to see how is this fair or just.

Do I have an option to appeal the decision? Can someone from Paypal please comment?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.