I have to pay return postage costs for item not as descibed, how is that fair ????

lifeslove656
Contributor
Contributor

I feel this is very unfair, It will cost me £70 to return the goods....Also can you tell me if Paypal already have the refund in hand or could I possibly experience difficulties getting it back once the seller has their goods back, surely if I can prove goods were sent and have the tracking number the refund could be released...what if the courier company loses the goods, I then have to wait longer...I am the one out of pocket, the seller was obviously trying to pull a fast one and get rid of faulty goods

Any help would be appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is the risk you take when you either buy internationally or from a private seller.

If it was a UK reg business and the item was misdescribed then the business would refund you those return costs.

But of course you have to return it or every buyer would just say the item was misdescribed and get to keep item and refund.

If you return it and the seller does not refund you then if paypal have told you to return it they would normally refund under their buyer protection scheme. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.