Dispute closed, Refund Pending

Oldviglen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks,

i opened a not as described case this morning. Seller has offered me a full refund and has closed the case.

i haven't received the refund yet (Pending) neither there address- Paypal are reviewing the case.

when do I send it back,??

and where on earth do I enter a tracking number???

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oldviglen

Bit confusing, if the seller has closed the case then how can paypal be reviewing it??

Also have you been asked to send the item back by paypal?

And is the refund showing in your paypal account balance but pending and have you had an email to say that you have been refunded??

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Oldviglen
Contributor
Contributor

Not been given return address by paypal yet!!

dont know why there reviewing it as refund is "pending"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oldviglen

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.

So if its an echeque it will be pending until it has cleared through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the pending status lifted.

Sounds as if the seller does not want the item back and has just issued you a refund.

Wait for it to clear and wait and see if paypal tell you to return the item.

If the refund clears anyway then personally i would tell the seller they can have the item back when they send you the postage funds to return it.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Oldviglen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

the refund is still pending, the date keep changing though,

pit has changed from the 11th to the 14th. It should not take anymore than 4-5 working days to clear.

why is it taking so long???

thank you for your previous replies.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Oldviglen,

I suspect @kernowlass is completely right here and that refund has been sent to you by eCheque.

An eCheque is much like your traditional paper cheque and in my experience, can take 5-7 working days to clear.

I'm afraid this time-frame is outside of our control and the processing time does depend on the bank involved.

Let's hope it clears soon though and please let me know if you've any further queries about what happened here 🙂

Conor 

Login to Me Too

Oldviglen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Conor, 

Yeah i do have other questions.

got it a tricky situation here.

I opened a case, which the seller agreed to giving me a full refund.
i have been fully refunded and sent the item back via tracked post.

heres were it gets confusing:
I phoned paypal who are saying that the case in there eyes is closed because seller agreed to full refund,
but in my paypal and I've been told sellers, the case is still open and "being reviewed by paypal".
there is not option for me to close case or enter tracking number to show is arrived back today.

i am being requested by seller to close case, but no options are appearing.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.