Appeals process seems broken

RobinCM
New Community Member

Shipped some items to an eBay buyer, using a tracked courier, 48-hour delivery. He paid with PayPal, of course.

Three weeks later, buyer tells me the items still haven't arrived.

I get in touch with the courier, who (after about a month of backwards and forwards via email) that they needed to be told within ten days of a package not being delivered, and therefore will do nothing.

I offer to split the loss costs with the buyer because I'm a nice guy (he apparently has no items, nor do I - they were marked as delivered by the courier, not returned to me as undelivered).

Next thing I know, buyer opens a dispute with PayPal. I provide the tracking information immediately as requested, but PayPal find in favour of the buyer, refund him and close the case (never to be re-opened, apparently).

I try to appeal, but as I had already provided the tracking info, the website seems broken and won't let me do anything. It's asking me to enter the tracking info and click a Save button that doesn't exist. I'm obviously extremely unhappy because this situation was caused by the lack of notification on behalf of the buyer - as far as I was concerened after 48 hours the items had been delivered, and I have an electronic copy of the signature used to sign for them. I did nothing wrong, yet I'm now £240 down in my account balance and I haven't got the items I shipped either. For all I know, buyer is lying and now has both the items and their money back. I suspect that's not the case, but they have no way to prove it's not, yet I CAN prove that the items were both sent and DID arrive (somewhere).

Any suggestions? I have emailed PayPal but they seem not to want to bother dealing with individual cases as far as I can tell.

Really puts me off selling anything else of value and using PayPay as the escrow. Gumtree and cash from now on!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.