Customer threatening to open paypal case after art has been given to customer

lLauraAshleyl
Contributor
Contributor

I was commissioned by a customer to create several pieces of art for them on the site IMVU. 

I created the art, the customer paid me and I sent the art.

1 month after the customer received the art they sent me a threatening message demanding that I accept their friend request on IMVU, and if I don't they will open a paypal case to retreieve the money they sent for the art (the art they already receieved!)

I have accepted their friend request, however they continue to harass me and I worry they will open a case against me.

Any advice? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lLauraAshleyl

If they open a dispute for non receipt then all you have to do is provide a tracking number to prove it was delivered.

If they open a dispute for item received but not as described then they have to return it to you trackable at their own expense normally first before you have to refund and THAT is only if paypal find in their favour.

BUT if the item was ''custom made'' then buyer protection should not apply so if you contacted customer services then the claim may be cancelled.

Personally i would report him to paypal for threatening to open a dispute for no reason and state it was a custom item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.