Counterfeit Item - Buyer Protection

Justinthyme
Contributor
Contributor

I feel I'm going round in circles! I purchased a power tool batter charger from Ebay last year. It was sold as a Makita, and the item location was Southampton, England. After 2 uses, the item stopped working. I contacted the seller who took several weeks (and reminders) to respond. He told me to shave some off the terminals. That didn't work, so I contacted him again - and was ignored. I got in touch with Makita, to see if the item could be repaired and they confirmed (by email) that the charger is counterfeit. I contacted the seller again - and was ignored. So I phoned Ebay, who said that they had received other complaints about counterfeit goods from this seller and that he was actually located in China, not the UK. They advised me to get in touch with Paypal to see if I was entitled to Buyer Protection. I raised a case in the Paypal Resolution Centre but think I may have mistakenly raised it under 'disputed transaction' and it was rejected, with the case being closed. The rejection email advised me to submit the case again if the item was not as describec. However, when I try to do so in the Resolution Centre, I get a message that the transaction has already been decided and closed. If i attempt to go further, I can't as I am unable to select the radio button to claim that the item was different from the description. It seems that neither Ebay nor Paypal are interested in helping. What should I do next?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hello Justinthyme,

Welcome to our UK PayPal Community Forum.

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

You can also call our Customer Support on 0800 358 7911 , they should be able to file this case manually on your behalf.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.