Can PayPal help me with a dispute?

benjamin163
New Community Member

Hello,

I have an account with Hootsuite which I have found out has a glitch which makes it completely unusable for me.

I flagged the fault up last year and received no response.

When the fault returned I flagged it again and was told there was nothing that could be done to fix this.

When I explained this made the account unusable and asked for a refund I was told that because it was over 60 days since I paid for my new yearly subscription there was nothing they could do.

They did tell me I could take this up with my credit card people.

Since I paid on Paypal I was wondering if there is someone here that can take up the case and how I go about doing this.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi benjamin163,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

In general, if you have received a service that it is not as described, you can open a dispute within 180 from the date of the purchase. You can find more information on how to dispute the payment here

Once you have opened a dispute, you can also escalate the case to a PayPal claim and let us deal with the situation. After escalating the claim, the seller will have 10 days to respond to it giving us enough information for the claim investigation. If no information is provided within that timeframe, the case will automatically close in buyer's favour. If the seller provides the requested information, PayPal will review the case and take a decision within 30 days.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.