Beware - A Partial Order is Considered by PayPal to be Significantly Not as Described!

paulkanouff
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some items online thinking that PayPal had me covered.  However, I received a partial shipment which is considered by PayPal to be Significanly Not as Described, which they do not cover for purchases made on sites other than ebay.  All they do is provide a forum for the buyer and seller to discuss the issue.  I actually asked a PayPal representative if the seller had sent me a box of crap if I would still have to pay for it and was told yes.  Don't let PayPal mislead you.  Unless you buy from ebay, you are not protected. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

This is all clearly set out in the User Agreement - why didn't you already know that?

Login to Me Too

paulkanouff
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I guess if I were an advisor, I'd be very familiar with the user agreement.  However, I don't take the time to read all the fine print, and I'm betting other people don't either.  This message was for regular people like me - people who buy things online using PayPal thinking that their money is as safe as their bank account information.  But it's not.  PayPal is great for not having to give out my credit card information and for purchase on ebay, however, it does not offer the same protection as a credit card for purchase outside ebay.  I did not know that and thought other people might like to know that, too.  Just because it's in the user agreement doesn't mean people know about it.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, I guess if I were an advisor, I'd be very familiar with the user agreement

The User Agreement is a CONTRACT that defines what you have to do and what Paypal has to do.

Trying to buy/sell on ebay without reading it is like trying to drive a car without knowing how to do it.

I agree that people ought to use a credit card as an extra layer of protection, but your FIRST layer of protection is the Paypal buyer Protection Plan - it can't protect you if you don't know what the rules are.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.