Bank charges because Paypal took out my money 3 days late.

mockitt

I bought two items from ebay on the 6th of November which did not come off my account until the 9th. I am now being charged £12 from my bank for unauthorized borrowing.

I do not have an overdraft and papal somehow managed to take - money out of my account 3 days after it said  I had already paid. I did not receive a counter email saying it didn't go through till that 3rd day. I am now being charged money that I just don't have to spare at this time of year because papal didn't take the money out on time. I think this is extreamly unfair as I had the money in my account which was messed around and I'm now out of pocket because of this.

might i add i also recieved the items from the ebayseller proving i HAD paid for the items before paypal told me there was a mistake.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > what happens is that paypal pay the seller for you so you get your item quickly and then start the process of uploading those funds to paypal from your funding souce.

That can take up to a few days but if you keep a running total of your spends and deduct the amount off from your bank account then surely you would know that the money had not been deducted yet?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mockitt

The money got deducted at my next payment which was on the 8th as i called my bank wondering how money came off when i JUST got paid and was told it was paypal... and then on the 9th the paypal money showed up as paid offically. Somehow I'm getting bank charges because paypal decides to pay for my item? It's unfair that I'm being put out of pocket when I had the funds in the first place and now its being messed around.

Login to Me Too

compass2k
New Community Member

Same thing here. Paypal **bleep** up and didnt bill my bank where the money was waiting - half a week later they realize their mistake try to bill me and because by that time its not there the bank changes multiple dishonour charges.

Paypal stuff up - you pay. They are so dishonest its amazing no one has not started a class action to suck back all thier extra thieving charges.

Additionally everytime I buy something in  a foreign currency and the site uses the interbank rate to estimate it in my native currency - if I use a card or other payment gateway the amount matches.

When I use paypal they use a favorable rate for themand gouge out more from me as well as the seller charges.

Sometimes this is so far beyond the estimated amount that the transaction fails.

They have it coming and going. Amazing they are allowed to practice like this - but they are not a bank and are

exempt from regulation.

Cant wait for another payment service to grow within range - they are so hated particularly by ecommerce sites they

will lose half their customers overnight.

d

Login to Me Too

disraeli
Contributor
Contributor

When pay pal took money from my bank account with an unauthorised transaction, my bank refunded

my loss-and charges incurred.One month later the same fraudulent transaction was attempted, the bank

declined payment-but PayPal- who had advised me by email that the bank had declined payment, also advised me

that although they knew the fraudulent transaction was taking place, they had been too late to stop it. Pay Pal

then, took the sum of money that they had admitted was a fraudulent transaction -out of my PayPal account!

Leaving the account bereft of funds. So that when ebay tried to take out my seller fees- there was no money in the

account for them to do so.  Although I have spent two full days on this, telephoning, emailing, and trying to get

the funds back into my account -this is Pay Pal- who have thieved from the account- they are now telling me,

that there is 'insufficient evidence' to support my claim.

I cannot believe I am the only person with a pay pal account, who has experienced theft and attempted fraud by

pay pal themselves.

I shall now take pleasure in reporting both these illegal transactions to the UK British Banking Standards Authority

as well as the Police.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.