eBay Checkout, took money out of PayPal, no record on eBay or Seller?

aidonhudson
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a PS4 from the Argos store on eBay - click and collect.

Upon clicking Pay an error occured and it was still in my basket and nothing was purchased.

However PayPal charged me. I have contacted Argos and eBay and they both said I haven't bought anything.

Help?!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aidonhudson

You need to say what it says next to the transaction in your paypal account.

Is it pending or completed??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aidonhudson
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

It says completed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aidonhudson

OK advice in this order >>

1. Contact paypal and tell them what you have said here >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

2. If they can't sort it then file a dispute for non receipt of item via the "resolve a problem" link lower left of your paypal summary page (as Argos are not going to send you anything then you should get your refund).

3. If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and ask them to chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.